It’s Monday also known as the first official DAY of Summer BREAK! The satisfaction of relaxation is unreal. Just knowing I do not have to be a responsible adult for at least a month is enough for a peaceful night. Making sure the students stay clean and out of trouble is a lot to take on daily, especially when you’re only 25 years old yourself. There were days I thought to myself, “why do they have me in here babysitting these bae-bae ❤ kids? We are the same age and height” in a joking manner. I still have a lot of wild in me that had to be tamed everyday in order to appear mature.
Being a young teacher had it perks. It was easier to make a genuine connection with the students because it was not too long ago that I faced the same issues. However, other times it was difficult to discipline because I wanted to protect them or show them the error of their ways in alternative ways. I’ll be writing a separate piece about my first year teaching. Be sure to check it out!
But back to harMONious Music Mondays. I feel as though the month of June has rejuvenated a part of my soul. I feel alive and free again or at least the beginning of it. Life feels like an adventure again, not a mental trap full of unfulfilling horror.
This Monday I have decided to put together a playlist celebrating the 1st Day of Summer Break. The best way to describe how I feel on this day is = Chill, Relaxed, Easy-Going, Peace-Loving, Quiet, Enlightened, yet still Untamed and most of all unapologetically myself. I hope the playlist presented reflects my state of mind. Enjoy. 17
- Bryson Tiller- Don’t Get Too High
- Rendezvous At Two – F*ck Me & Feed Me
- Miguel – Come Through And Chill (Prod. By Salaam Remi)
- Trey Songz – Playboy [Official Music Video]
- Julia Michaels – Issues
- SZA- Love Galore
- Junior M.A.F.I.A. – Player’s Anthem
- The Weeknd – Reminder
- Bruno Mars- Calling All My Lovelies
- Bob Marley- Jammin
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Summertime
- SZA – Doves In The Wind (Audio) ft. Kendrick Lamar
- TLC – Way Back
- Moonchild- Back To Me
- Hiatus Kaiyote – Nakamarra
- Breakbot – Baby I’m Yours feat. Irfane
- Tory Lanez x Jacquees “Slow Grind” (WSHH Exclusive – Official Audio)